There’s nothing more nostalgic to me as grandma's Ambrosia salad on holidays. I loved it so much that I made her make it every time I came over. Now I want to share this wonderful recipe with you.
This creamy dessert salad has bursts of pineapple, cherries, oranges and crunchy pecans. Oooops I almost forgot the fruity mini marshmallows that bring this “salad” to a whole other level!
Technically speaking a salad isn't always lettuce with fruit or veggies. A salad can basically be anything tossed together and eaten as a meal or side dish. In this case its a mashup designed to hit that sweet spot. A VERY vintage favorite your mother or even grandmother will most likely be familiar with.
Try this salad out, quick and easy to make! If your company doesn't love it, I know the kiddos will for sure. Whats not to love!
Want more vintage salad recipes? Check out:
To make in a large bowl, stir together the whipped topping and yogurt.
Using a rubber spatula, carefully fold remaining ingredients into whipped topping.
Chill before serving.
- 8 ounces cool whip, thawed
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 11 ounce can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 8 ounce can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1 1/2 cups Mini Fruit-Flavored Marshmallows
- In a large bowl, stir together the whipped topping and yogurt.
- Using a rubber spatula, carefully fold remaining ingredients into whipped topping.
- Chill before serving.